You are here
Home > Topic > Forgiving Ourselves

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keshia Wright 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Tricia Duckworth
    Keymaster

Sometimes it is easier to forgive others than it is to forgive ourselves. Most of us are so conscientious that the slightest slip up leaves us wallowing in self-condemnation. Some of us think that we have committed a sin that is so horrible that God will not forgive us. God is a forgiving God.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

The more honest we can be with the Lord, the more He is in a position to transform us. Forgiving yourself is not only possible, it’s easy once you discover what God says about you.

Let’s Chat About It.

Keshia Wright
    Participant

Amen, For the past week the subject forgiveness kept coming up. On 2 different occasions I was personally told I had to forgive. I must admit I had gotten angry at first because I honestly thought I had. But, the more I talked 1 to a good friend and 2 a perfect stranger both telling me i needed to forgive myself. I knew it had to be true. I began asking God to show me what they were seeing that I couldn’t see. I began thinking about all of my regrets and failures and why this? Or why that? All of these things were things I was still holding on to which was leaving me stagnant and broken. I realized I also felt unworthy. Because of this unconscious idea of myself it was the core cause of many of my issues. So many of us are living lives that God is not pleased with not because of the sin but the lack of knowledge and understanding of who you are and the birth right you have as a child of God. Sin is only a branch to a root issue of self knowledge. As a life coach I was able to help people with forgiving themselves unknowingly holding myself hostage. Forgiveness is a powerful key to life. It has the ability to open doors no man can shut. Forgive yourself and anyone else. It sometimes is not easy especially if you do not have clear understanding why you should and how it empowers you. You may have to find someone to help coach you through it but whatever you do forgive. You will be glad you did. Wise women forgive.

Tricia Duckworth
    Keymaster

Unforgiveness opens the door to torment and hatred spirits.

Keshia Wright
    Participant

I agree Tricia, I believe this
    Is why one of the scripturesame say. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. We have to be mindful of the sprints that attach themselves to us due to our lack of understanding. I believe unforgiven essential is the open door to others. I confess t forgive myself daily of all unrighteousness and things that are not pleasin to my Father in heaven. I recieve daily God’s new mercies. Amen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.