You are here
Home > Topic > Stop Domestic Violence

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keshia Wright 1 year ago.

• Author

Tricia Duckworth
    Keymaster

I interviewed a gentleman years ago regarding domestic violence, he was an abuser to his then girlfriend. He said the hardest and even the scariest thing was when he hit her the first time. See, he didn’t know what to expect, he didn’t know what she would do…..but when she didn’t do anything……according to him, it made it easy for him to continue to “hit” then eventually “beat” her.

No….absolutely, it is not the victims’ fault and certainly it’s not God’s Will for anyone to be abused.

Seek God for directions and instructions when dating, when someone shows you who they are the first time….believe them.

This can be a very touchy subject for so many, domestic violence is still taking lives of many and nowadays, it’s happening much more than usual.

What are some things you can share about your past experience with someone you know or what you have gone through yourself regarding domestic violence? 

Let’s Chat About It.

Keshia Wright
    Participant

Domestic violence. When we hear domestic violence we tend to think a relationship between male and female. Usually a male hitting or verbally abusing a female. This may be the most common but it is not the only form of domestic violence. I listened to a show yesturday and I will post it on the facebook page of a woman talking about her experience at a church where she no longer felt safe at her church with leadership. I personsally deal with a mother who thinks it is ok to talk and say whatever she wants and to hit you and say but I am your mother. I am 45 years old and this is not ok. We have to begin to call a thing a thing and expose the enemy and be willing to assume responsibility for whatever parts we play when it comes to domestic violence. if your are the abuser you have to assume that you are and find answers to why you are the way you are and get help to stop the behavior. If you are the victim you have to assume the same responsibility and get out and realize that you are not put here to be abused by anyone. When we begin this process with ourselves then we can help others and become stronger as a individual then as a community. I love you wise women lets keep this dialogue going and expose the hurt get healed and change or world.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.